Are you looking for work experience in the hospitality sector? Or do you want a role that will keep you busy whilst meeting new people and learning some new skills?
Whatever your reason, the café offers a friendly and welcoming environment, with a variety of tasks, to help ensure a great day out for all our visitors
What will I do?
- You will help with the general day to day running of the café, by clearing and wiping tables, using the pot wash machine, putting out and replenishing condiments and cutlery, and taking out food orders.
- Those wishing to develop skills can do the training to use the till and serve customers, and prepare hot drinks on our barista machine, or help to prepare snacks. You will also be a key point of contact for our visitors, answering questions or pointing them in the right direction, and being an ambassador for the RSPBs vision for Sherwood. You will be a key part of the visitor experience, and making sure the café operation runs smoothly.
- You will be asked to commit the minimum of one day per week between 11am and 3pm but we can offer some flexibility. Help is needed all year round at weekends and during school holidays, and is needed every day during our peak season between the start of the Easter Holidays and early September.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will make a real difference to our visitor operations and the running of the café.
- You will have the chance to meet new people and learn new skills.
- For the right person, opportunities to train in hospitality with our experienced chef can be considered.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help visitors from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.