Facilities and Changing Places
Toilets are situated within the visitor centre – please note there are no others on site.
As well as two accessible toilets, we also have a Changing Places www.changing-places.org facility which provides greater space and access for people with disabilities – and importantly, their carers too. Most standard disabled toilets are not big enough to cater for people who may need their carer’s assistance.
Our Changing Places facility is currently closed whilst we make final adjustments to our equipment. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes – please use our other accessible toilets in the meantime.
We want everyone to be able to access and enjoy our new visitor centre – which is why we felt it was vital to provide this facility. It provides:
The right equipment
- A height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- A tracking hoist system
- Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two personal assistants
- A toilet with room either side
- A screen or curtain to allow some privacy
A safe and clean environment
- Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
- A large waste bin for disposable pads
- A non-slip floor
Due to hygiene considerations, we ask that users provide their own sling to use on our hoist system.
Please read our accessibility statement here (external website).