Facilities and Changing Places
Toilets are situated within the visitor centre – please note there are no others on site.
As well as two accessible toilets, we also have a Changing Places www.changing-places.org facility which provides greater space and access for people with disabilities – and importantly, their carers too. Most standard disabled toilets are not big enough to cater for people who may need their carer’s assistance.
We want everyone to be able to access and enjoy our new visitor centre – which is why we felt it was vital to provide this facility. It provides:
The right equipment
- A height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- A tracking hoist system
- Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two personal assistants
- A toilet with room either side
A safe and clean environment
- Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
- A large waste bin for disposable pads
- A non-slip floor
Due to hygiene considerations, we ask that users provide their own sling to use on our hoist system. The key is available from a member of our catering team – please ask in the cafe and return it afterwards.
Our accessibility statement is available here (external website).