Roving Patrol Volunteer
Are you looking for an opportunity to be active, spend time outdoors and make a difference?
We need volunteers to be a roving patrol of the forest, keeping the site clean, checking the paths and being the face of the RSPB in the forest. You will spend most of your time in the forest, carrying out essential tasks to help ensure every visitor gets a great experience, and preserving our forest for the future.
What will I do?
- Walk the main routes of the forest, checking for hazards, and making sure they are accessible, and carrying out checks, for example on fencing or bird feeders as required.
- Litter pick the main forest routes.
- Check and empty litter bins.
- Speak to visitors in the forest and help with directions, questions and problems.
- This post is expected to be seasonal. We require volunteers each day between the start of the Easter holidays and second week of September, committing a minimum 1 day per week covering 10am to 3pm minimum. Outside those months, volunteers will be needed at weekends and during school holidays
What’s in it for me?
- You will spend the majority of your time outdoors in our wonderful forest, helping to keep the site clean and safe for our visitors.
- You will have chance to speak with our visitors, helping them enjoy their visit, and engaging them with the legend of Robin Hood and our wonderful nature.
- You will spend time working alone, but will be part of our wider Sherwood team, with the support of a line manager and other staff and volunteers.
- As part of the Sherwood team you will receive travel expenses, PPE as required, and chance to attend walks, talks and events only for staff and volunteers.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.