Sherwood Forest and Budby South Forest Visitor Centre attracts thousands of visitors throughout the year and we’re keen to always ensure that the site is well maintained and looking at its very best.
We are looking for a team of volunteers with an ‘eye for detail’, who know that first impressions count, and can turn their hand to carrying out a variety of tasks.
As a Handyperson you will have a broad range of D.I.Y skills and able to undertake a wide range of tasks, such as:
- Creating props for events and trails
- Erecting shelves, cupboards
- Keeping the site well maintained
- Other tasks as required around the visitor centre
- Being an ambassador for the RSPB and the site
We will ensure you are set up with the tools and any training required to comfortably carry out your role.
Beneficial skills for this role are:
- Excellent D.I.Y. skills and attention to detail.
- You need to be organised and tidy
- Good people skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make ‘on the spot’ decisions when required.
This is a rewarding and enjoyable role.
You will be making a real difference as part of a friendly team of staff and volunteers. This is a chance to use your skills for the benefit of the site, whilst also making a genuine contribution to wildlife conservation and the environment.
If you’re interested, click here for more details.