Are you a people person? Could you give a great welcome to everyone visiting our wonderful forest creating an unforgettable visitor experience?
We are looking for volunteers to help us share our exciting stories about Sherwood Forest and inspire visitors to support our work and safeguard the reserve for years to come.
Our meet and greet team is the front line of our experience and is a key part of our visitor offer, giving a warm and friendly welcome and ensuring our visitors are armed with all the tools that will allow them to have a great day out.
What will I do?
- You will give every visitor a great welcome and ensure they have everything they need to enjoy their day out including directions and information
- During busy periods you may be asked to help with events, directions and traffic management, talks and walk (dress up optional).
- You will be the first port of call providing information on legends, sightings, events, plans and the important work being done on the reserve.
- You will be asked to commit to one full day a week and we are always looking for help over weekends in particular.
- You will enthuse our visitors to help support our work
What’s in it for me?
- You will be volunteering for one of the UK’s largest conservation charities by joining the Sherwood Forest team.
- You will be a key part in ensuring the past a future of Sherwood is safeguarded for generations to come.
- Training and other opportunities will be available and you will be paid travel expenses
- You will help visitors from across the world make memories and take home unforgettable and irreplaceable experiences.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.