Wild Families Volunteer
Do you have a passion for nature and working with young people? Do you enjoy passing on your knowledge and inspiring others? Robin Hood knew the secrets of the forest, he could send signals with bird calls and knew which plants were good for food or medicine. We want all our little explorers to see the wonders of the forest through his eyes.
We are looking for volunteers to join the Visitor Experience team in delivering activities about nature and Robin Hood with families throughout school holidays and across peak weekends. The more activities we can offer the better!
What will I do?
- You will work with the Visitor Experience staff and volunteer team to set up and deliver nature engagement activities for families.
- You’ll lead group sessions and set up families for self-led activities, enthusing and inspiring them to explore the hidden life of the forest.
- You will be a point of contact for visitors to ask questions, and help to feed any queries or concerns through to other team members.
- Children will always be accompanied by a parent or guardian during your activities
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will be given training and support to help you develop your knowledge of the RSPB and the site, the history and wildlife.
- You will have chance to work in our beautiful forest, exploring and talking about your interests.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help visitors from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.