Work Party Conservation Volunteer
Are you looking for a new challenge that really makes a difference? Are you trying to build experience to help you in your career? Do you want to get fit in a different way?
The Sherwood Forest practical work parties carry out essential tasks in this site, which is a SSSI, NNR and a SAC, contributing to the long term future of the forest, including the famous Major Oak.
What will I do?
- Undertake practical tasks within Sherwood Forest as part of the site management plan, helping to improve habitats, keep our trees healthy and the site an accessible and beautiful place.
- You may help with tasks including scrub clearance, managing ancient oaks, footpath and trail maintenance, fencing, or wildlife surveys.
- You will be working outdoors the majority of the time, remote from facilities and in all weathers, so will need to have a reasonable level of fitness and be prepared for outdoor conditions.
- Our work parties run every Wednesday from 9:30am to 4pm.
- We would ask for a commitment of one day a month, but you can do more if you wish, and if you need flexible arrangements just talk to us.
What’s in it for me?
- You will spend the majority of your time outdoors in our wonderful forest, learning about the trees and the life they support.
- You will have chance to learn about ancient woodland management, learn practical conservation skills and use basic tools.
- You will work as part of a team, meeting new people, but we will also aim to offer you individual development if desired, if you are looking at a career in conservation.
- As part of the Sherwood team you will receive travel expenses, PPE as required, and chance to attend walks, talks and events only for staff and volunteers.
Get in touch! Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and be part of the team.