Family Trail Volunteer
Families and children make up a large proportion of our visitors, and we put on all sorts events and activities to engage them in nature, learn about Robin Hood and generally help them have a good time!
We’re looking for volunteers to join the Events team by setting families up with these seasonal activities. You’ll be greeting visiting families, informing them about how they can get stuck in and selling them their chosen activity. If you enjoy working with young people and families to enthuse them about getting active, this could be the role for you.
What will I do?
- Greeting visiting families, encouraging them to take part in activities and giving them all the information and tools they need.
- Setting up any equipment and supporting in refreshing or putting activity packs together.
- Take cash payments and process card payments using a phone and mobile card reader.
- Be a point of contact for visitors to ask questions, and help to feed any queries or concerns through to other team members.
- Children will always be accompanied by a parent or guardian during your activities.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will be given all necessary training to ensure you are confident in your role and the tasks, and support from the rest of the team.
- You will have chance be creative, work with families and learn new skills and activities.
- You will be part of the RSPBs effort to encourage young people to take an interest in and enjoy nature, helping them become custodians of the natural world in future.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help families from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience. .
Get in touch! Email us on email@example.com to find out more and be part of the team.