Centre Assistant Volunteer
Are you a people person? Could you give a great welcome to everyone visiting our wonderful forest creating an unforgettable visitor experience? We are looking for volunteers to help us around the visitor centre operations.
This role is a key part of our visitor offer, giving a warm and friendly welcome, talking about membership, helping in the shop and cafe and directing people to ensure our visitors are armed with all the tools that will allow them to have a great day out.
What will I do?
- You will help out around the visitor centre and car parks making sure our visitors have everything they need to enjoy their day out.
- You will help in the café, making coffees, wiping and clearing tables, pot washing, and using the till during busy periods.
- You will help in the shop, stocking merchandise, sorting deliveries and using the till during busy periods.
- You will be flexible and able to help out in different locations that require customer service skills to keep our operations running smoothly including the car park.
- You will share our stories enthusing people to support us by becoming members of the RSPB.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be volunteering for one of the UK’s largest conservation charities joining the Sherwood Forest team to learn about our visitor operations.
- You will be a key part in ensuring the past a future of Sherwood is safeguarded for generations to come.
- Training and other opportunities will be available to develop your role and enable you to help us keep the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will receive travel expenses and invitations to special events.
- You will help visitors from across the world make memories and take home unforgettable and irreplaceable experiences.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.