Volunteer Coordinator Lead
Our volunteer coordinators are the central hub of our volunteer operation, managing records, taking people through our recruitment process and supporting the whole team.
We need someone to lead on developing and supporting the volunteer programme, ensuring key timescales are met, and working with other team members. This is a responsible post, which will be mostly office based, with plenty of interaction with staff, volunteers and visitors across all works areas at Sherwood.
What will I do?
- You will develop and support a recruitment process that attracts and brings the right volunteers to Sherwood, working with on site staff to understand what vacancies there are, what skills are needed and making sure the process is smooth and uncomplicated.
- You will work with other volunteer coordinators to provide a point of contact for volunteer enquiries, provide relevant information on roles, and support the interview and induction process. You will add and maintain volunteer records on our volunteer database.
- You will help record volunteer hours for the central database.
- You will arrange thank you events for our volunteer team, and help develop an annual programme of walks and events for staff and volunteers.
- You will ensure volunteer expenses are input in a timely manner.
- You will prepare and send out the volunteer newsletter. As the Lead, you may also oversee the activity of other volunteers carrying out these tasks, and, with relevant staff, ensure that KPIs relating to volunteer management are met.
- We need someone who can commit two full days per week to this role. Some home working may be an option.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will be given training and support to help you develop your knowledge of the RSPB and the site.
- You will have a line manager who can help support you in your role, and who will enable any development you want or need.
- You will have the opportunity to build on existing skills, and demonstrate organisational and people management skills. You will have an RSPB email and access to RSPB systems to enable you to carry out your role, develop your skills and access necessary information.
- You will be able to make a real contribution to the operation of one of the RSPBs newest sites, as well as to the many volunteers who work here.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help visitors from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.