Retail Assistant Volunteer
Welcome to a shop with a difference.
From binoculars and bird food, to gifts and books – and let’s not forget the ever-popular bows and arrows and Robin Hood hats! We need people to help with all aspects of running our popular shop, working as part of a small and friendly team.
What will I do?
- You will be working in our popular shop, carrying out a range of tasks. This may include restocking shelves, unpacking deliveries, talking about our products with customers, and keeping the displays tidy and attractive.
- You will have the opportunity to complete training to be able to use and serve on the tills.
- You will also be a key point of contact for our visitors, answering questions or pointing them in the right direction, and being an ambassador for the RSPBs vision for Sherwood.
- You will be a key part of the visitor experience, and making sure the shop can operate smoothly.
- We need people who can help one day per week, but we can offer some flexibility if needed. Help is mostly needed at weekends and during school holidays.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will make a rel difference to our visitor operations and the running of the shop.
- You will have the chance to meet new people and learn new skills.
- You will be given training to understand our products, including optics, and the history and stories of the site and our wildlife.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help visitors from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.