Pin Badge Box Minder – Edwinstowe and Ollerton
Around the UK and across the world, nature is in steady, desperate decline. Wildlife and wild places are disappearing at an alarming rate. 10% of all UK species are now under threat. We’re determined to stop this happening, but we urgently need your help.
Our community fundraising volunteers are the local face of the RSPB. In 2019, in the Midlands, the team raised an incredible £99,000 in donations from our pin badge and collection boxes, and almost £1 million nationally. Could you help us raise even more?
What will I do?
When you join our team of over 1,500 volunteers, who are crucial to the running of our pin badge scheme, we will support you to place 1 to 5 boxes in your chosen area. To ensure we follow charity fundraising regulations, the donations from your boxes will need banking every 4-6 weeks, and the pin badges will need topping up. You will then report the income on our user friendly online system and place an order for any additional stock you may need. This can all be done in a time to suit your other commitments. Simple!
What’s in it for me?
- Be part of something big – a vast movement working together to help save nature.
- The role is flexible, working around you – just a few hours per month, to suit your lifestyle.
- An opportunity to develop your fundraising skills and boost your CV.
- Make additional community links and meet new people in your local area.
- No knowledge of birds or wildlife is required – just a passion and enthusiasm to help us give nature a home.
- Appropriate training and friendly support will be provided, and your expenses will be reimbursed where necessary.
Get in touch! Email us on Harriet.Lawrie@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.