Sherwood Forest and Budby South Forest Visitor Centre attracts thousands of visitors throughout the year. We are keen to always ensure that the site is well maintained and looking at its very best.
We are looking for a team of volunteers with an eye for detail, who know that ‘first impressions count’.
As a housekeeper you will have the ability and willingness to turn your hand to carrying out a variety of tasks, such as:
- General tidying to make areas look presentable
- Cleaning windows and sweeping floors
- Topping up consumables
- Supporting centre assistants
- Other tasks as required around the visitor centre
- Being an ambassador for the RSPB and the site
Ideal volunteering hours will be between the hours of 11am and 3pm on any day(s) of the week to suit your lifestyle.
We will ensure you are set up with the tools and any training required to comfortably carry out your role.
Beneficial skills for this role are:
- Excellent attention to detail
- You need to be organised and tidy
- Good people skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make ‘on the spot’ decisions when required
This is a rewarding and enjoyable role. You will be making a real difference as part of a friendly team of staff and volunteers. This is a chance to use your skills for the benefit of the site, whilst also making a genuine contribution to wildlife conservation and the environment.