Gardening Volunteer Co-ordiantor
Are you looking for a new horticultural and wildlife friendly challenge? We are looking for somebody with leadership skills and a green thumb to help us deliver an exciting project around the Sherwood Forest visitor centre. This is a project being funded by the Severn Trent Water project and aims to create more and better wildlife green spaces around our visitor centre creating better links between gardens and the forest.
What will I do?
- You will lead a team of volunteers in weekly work party sessions and deliver a project to enhance the natural landscape around the visitor centre
- You will have monthly meetings with the project manager to go over objectives,
budgets and progress as well as helping to complete reports
- You will be responsible for ensuring necessary tools and PPE are available and ready before and properly cleaned and put away at the end of each work party
- You will be the first port of call for the volunteers organising hours and listening to any ideas and thoughts on the project as it progresses
- You will be asked to commit to one full day a week on a Thursday for the work party and some additional time each month to plan
What’s in it for me?
- You will be volunteering for one of the UK’s largest conservation charities joining the Sherwood Forest team.
- You will be a key part in ensuring the past a future of Sherwood is safeguarded for generations to come.
- You will be outdoors enjoying nature at a world renowned nature reserve
- You will receive travel expenses and invitations to special events.
- You will help visitors from across the world make memories and take home
unforgettable and irreplaceable experiences.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.