Nordic Walking Beginner’s Course
Learn to Nordic Walk in the enchanted Sherwood Forest!
This Nordic walking beginner’s course, run by Tracy from Sherwood Nordic Walking, is suitable for everyone.
Nordic walking is a full body workout, but it can be as gentle as you like. Using specially designed poles, Nordic walking gives you the posture and stability to help you walk faster, taller and for longer. The poles propel you forwards and also take away any impact from your lower body joints.
The benefits of Nordic walking include:
- Increased muscle strength
- Reduced pressure on joints
- Weight loss
- Improved posture – alleviating back and neck pain
- Improved mental health and wellbeing
- Social interaction
On this course we will guide you through the full technique until you can really feel the benefit of walking with poles. The course price includes 5 dates: Tuesday 25th February , & 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th March 2020, and runs from 10:30 – 11:30 each day.
Event details & important information:
- Poles are provided.
- Please dress for the weather.
- Walking shoes or boots are essential.
- A bottle of water in a small rucksack is advisable.
- This event is only suitable for adults, and we ask that you don’t bring dogs along.
Spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. A health questionnaire will need to be completed once booking is confirmed
The course is run by Tracy of Sherwood Nordic Walking. Please note, refunds are available up to 14 days before the course begins.