Festive Forest Corner
The festive season is in full swing! Join us for crafts, activities, talks and walks at the craft centre, new visitor centre and out in the forest.
Come along any time between 11am and 3pm and join in the fun, including:
- Sherwood Forest Christmas Trail – all day £2 (£1.60 to RSPB members), with a chocolate treat prize.
- Tree dressing – design a wooden decoration for our Christmas tree
- Crafting – create a lantern from jars and natural material or design a silly reindeer face!
- Explore the woodland trust’s ‘Wandering Tree’ artwork in the Amphitheatre (weather dependant)
- Learn more about binoculars and telescopes with the Sherwood Shop team
11:00am – 12:00 – Dukeries Academy Band and Choir
12:30pm – 1:00pm & 1:30pm – 2pm Dukeries Singers
11:15am, 12:45pm, 14:15pm – Major Oak talk – learn more about the Major Oak, Robin Hood and the Forest with this short talk covering what makes Sherwood so special.
11:30am, 13:00pm, 14:30pm – A guided walk from the Major Oak back to the visitor centre, discovering some of Sherwood’s most interesting features.
12:00pm, 13:00pm, 14:00pm – Meet Sherwood’s Trees – a guided walk from the visitor centre exploring the remarkable trees that make up Sherwood Forest.