Duty Officer Volunteer
Can you turn your hand to anything? Do you like variety, stepping in when things get busy, and taking the initiative?
Then you could be what we are looking for. Duty officers play a key role on busy days, keeping an overview of what is going on in the visitor centre, lending a hand where needed, and helping the staff in the daily running of the centre.
What will I do?
- You will be based around the visitor centre, helping to welcome visitors, check the facilities and make sure the area is clean and tidy.
- You will be a point of contact for customers with queries or concerns, helping to reduce the load on staff.
- You will be a floating resource ready to jump in as necessary, helping to clear tables in the café, restock the shelves in the shop or head out for a litter pick.
- You will be asked to commit to one regular day per week.
- This position is seasonal and will run from the beginning of the Easter holidays to the second week of September each year. Outside of this, there may be some weekends, holidays or events needing support.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will be given training and support to help you develop your knowledge of the RSPB and the site, so you can help across the whole range of work areas.
- You will have the chance to meet new people, keep active and be a helping hand across the visitor centre.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help visitors from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.