Community Engagement Assistant
Are you passionate about Sherwood and the RSPB? Do you want a flexible role that enables you to talk about nature, engage others and represent the RSPB? We are looking for people who can deliver talks to community groups and attend community events to represent Sherwood Forest, and build the support that will preserve our forest for the future.
What will I do?
- You will visit community groups and RSPB local groups in the wide vicinity of Sherwood Forest to give talks about the RSPB and our work at Sherwood Forest.
- You will help to develop and promote community activities at Sherwood Forest, to increase engagement with nature activities, walks and events.
- You will attend seek out and attend community events and activities outside of Sherwood Forest to represent the RSPB and pass on our messages.
- You will be a key part of our important work to give nature a home by showing people the work we do nationally, internationally, and where our communities live and work, and how they can be a part of it.
- This is a flexible role that may be shared between several people, meaning the time commitment will be variable, and much of your role can be carried out online and from home or community venues.
- Talks can be during the day or evening, and are generally around 45 minutes.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team and the RSPB, helping to spread our messages and building support for the future.
- You will be given training and support to help you develop your knowledge of the RSPB and the site.
- You will have the chance to work in different communities and with different groups, sharing your interests, and with a flexible approach to suit you.
- You will have a line manager who can help support you in your role, and who will enable any development you want or need.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.