Children’s Trail Developer
Our children’s trails are always a hit – getting families out exploring the forest looking for clues, solving the puzzles and getting a nice tasty reward!
We are looking for a volunteer to lead on running our current trails and developing new ones to provide great family activities in the forest, with a chance to show off your creative streak!
What will I do?
- You will plan and design our four main trails, for Easter, Halloween, Christmas and the Big Garden Bird Watch.
- You will plan the route, prepare the quizzes and resources, and put the trail out in the forest, then review success.
- You will work with our events officer to develop new trails to help families learn about the site, enjoy the history and have a great day out.
- You will be working mostly in our office, but some walking in the forest to set and check the trail will be required.
- The time required will vary throughout the year, in agreement with our events officer
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will be supported by our events officer to help you deliver fun and innovative family trails.
- You will have a chance to lead on a popular family activity, and do something creative.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help visitors from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience.
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.