Children’s Activity Supervisor
Families and children make up a large proportion of our visitors, and we want to put on events and activities to engage them in nature, learn about Robin Hood and generally help them have a good time!
As a children’s activity supervisor you might be involved in indoor activities such as crafting or drawing, or outdoor ones, such as bug hunts or making bird feeders. So if you enjoy working with young people and families and getting creative, this could be the role for you!
What will I do?
- Meet and engage with families visiting the centre to encourage them to take part in activities, and giving them all the information and tools they need.
- Set up and lead crafting activities in the centre, helping children to make an item to take away and enjoy.
- Set up nature activities, then give families all the information they need to go out together to explore nature and have a great time.
- Be a point of contact for visitors to ask questions, and help to feed any queries or concerns through to other team members.
- Children will always be accompanied by a parent or guardian during your activities.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be a part of our wider Sherwood team, helping to deliver a great visitor experience and keeping the legend of Robin Hood alive.
- You will be given all necessary training to ensure you are confident in your role and the tasks, and support from the rest of the team.
- You will have chance be creative, work with families and learn new skills and activities.
- You will be part of the RSPBs effort to encourage young people to take an interest in and enjoy nature, helping them become custodians of the natural world in future.
- As part of our team you will receive travel expenses, and invites to special events and learning opportunities.
- Above all you will help families from all over the world make memories in Sherwood, taking home an irreplaceable experience. .
Get in touch! Email us on SherwoodForest@rspb.org.uk to find out more and be part of the team.